VRDS - Video Recorder & Data Server System
RADA's Video Recorder & Data Server System (VRDS) introduces the cutting edge approach to video and data recording and mass-storage management onboard combat platforms of all kinds. The basic, powerful functions of video, audio and multiple data sources recording are empowered by mass storage management, powerful processing and extremely fast distribution of data over Gigabit Ethernet channels. This entire set of features is provided within a single unit, form and fit to the widely-used DTE, installed in cockpits of various types of fighters.
The VRDS advanced data server functions enable any avionics client onboard the platform to quickly write to or retrieve data from the mass memory, facilitating advanced capabilities with today's avionics, involving mass data processing. It records up to six video channels, two audio channels, MIL-STD-1553 Mux-Bus data, and Gigabit Ethernet data - all tagged with precise time for post-mission synchronized debriefing.
The system supports two video playback outputs. VRDS' Removable Mass-Memory Unit (RMU) can store up to 128 Gbytes of flash memory, and implements an autonomous secure-erase mechanism. Video recording rates are configurable per channel, and can vary from 1 to 15 megabits/sec. The combination of recording rates settings and RMU capacity provides compliance solution to any practical mission recording time requirement.
RADA's VRDS is qualified to cockpit military environment, and is accompanied by RADA’s family of Ground Debriefing Solutions (GDS) displaying synchronized playback of the recorded video, audio and data along with ACMI displays.
- Powerful processing, embedding the MPC8548 PowerQuicc-IIICPU
- Handling of all analog video formats
- MPEG-4 (H.264) video compression
- Incorporation of audio recording on each video stream
- Real time playback of 2 video channels
- Data server functions, centralized source of mass-memory
- High-speed Gigabit Ethernet interface channels
- Incorporation of DTS/DTE functionalities
- Large RMU capacity - up to 128GBytes of flash memory
- Advanced, autonomous secure-erase features