RHS-44 - Radar System for Surface (GMTI) and Air Border Protection
The RHS-44 Radar System provides Comprehensive Border Protection through the detection, classification and tracking of aerial and surface intruders such as slow and small aircraft, vehicles, vessels and pedestrians, at ranges of up to 40km.
The RHS-44 is a member of RADA's Multi-Mission Hemispheric Radar (MHR) family, enabling advanced border and force protection solutions.
Key characteristics of the MHR technology:
- Pulse Doppler, Software-Defined Radars
- AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) Antenna
- Solid State, Digital, no moving part
- Extremely High Elevation Coverage
- Compact and Mobile, for Tactical Applications
- High Reliability
- Superior Performance-to-Price Ratio
Hemisphere coverage can be achieved by the simultaneous operation of four identical and interchangeable radars, each covering 90° in Azimuth and 80° in Elevation.
The RHS-44 exceptional real-time configurability provides a wide range of capabilities:
- Real-time control of scanning modes
- “Spotlight” examination of specific tracks while scanning is continued
- Operator-control or remote-control of radar operation modes
- Management of hundreds of simultaneous tracks
The RHS-44 Radar System can be integrated with any C4I system and other radars/sensors using its standard Ethernet interfaces, and can operate as stand-alone radar system or as part of a large-scale surveillance system. It can be installed onboard surveillance vehicles (on top of a mast) or at stationary sites.