RPS-10 - Radar Sensors for Active Protection Systems
The RPS-10 is a Pulse Doppler radar, compact and armored, designed specifically for Active Protection Systems (APS) installed onboard Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFV).
Providing the core of any APS sensor and control system, RPS-10 Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) radar supports any APS with the following roles:
- Detection of all relevant threats (ATMs, RPGs, Projectiles)
- Provision of threat's data to APS Central Processor - range, velocity, angles
- Track while search - tracking detected threats for precise data provisioning, while continuously scanning the entire arena for additional threats
- Locating threat's firing positions for counterfire reaction
The RPS-10 is a member of RADA's Compact Hemispheric Radar (CHR) family, enabling advanced force protection solutions for combat vehicles.
Key characteristics of the CHR technology:
- Pulse Doppler, Software-Defined Radars
- Armored, AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) Antenna
- Solid State, Digital, no moving part
- Extremely High Elevation Coverage
- Compact and Mobile, for Tactical Applications
- High Reliability
- Superior Performance-to-Price Ratio
The data provided by the RPS-10 is used for automatic activation of threat-neutralizing countermeasures, and for locating the threats' firing positions. Designed as a programmable, reconfigurable system, RPS-10 is easily tailored to operational needs and uniqueness of APS. The radar subsystem, as part of the APS, is comprised of identical, independent and interchangeable units, interfacing among themselves and with the APS via standard Ethernet links.