RPS-15 - Hostile Fire Management System for Combat Vehicles
The RPS-15 Radar System detects, tracks, classifies and locates direct and elevated threats which are fired at combat vehicles. It computes the Point-Of-Origin (POO) and Point-Of-Impact (POI) coordinates of the threats, which may be ATGMs, RPGs, Tank Cannon Projectiles, Low-QE Rockets and Mortars, Small Arms, and more.
The RPS-15 Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) radar supports any protection systems with the following roles:
- Detection of all relevant threats (ATMs, RPGs, Projectiles)
- Track while search - tracking detected threats for precise data provisioning, while continuously scanning the entire arena for additional threats
- Locating threat's firing positions for counterfire reaction
The RPS-15 is a member of RADA's Compact Hemispheric Radar (CHR) family, enabling advanced force protection solutions for combat vehicles.
Key characteristics of the CHR technology:
- Pulse Doppler, Software-Defined Radars
- Armored, AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) Antenna
- Solid State, Digital, no moving part
- Extremely High Elevation Coverage
- Compact and Mobile, for Tactical Applications
- High Reliability
- Superior Performance-to-Price Ratio
Hemispheric coverage is achieved by the simultaneous operation of either three or four identical and interchangeable radars, each covering 120° in Azimuth and 70° in Elevation.
The system can be integrated with existing Battle Management Systems, displays and
Data Links onboard the vehicle using its standard Ethernet interfaces.