RPS-42 - Radar System for Tactical Air Surveillance (C-UAS)
The RPS-42 Tactical Air Surveillance Radar System is optimized to detect, classify and track all types of aerial objects at altitudes from 30ft to 30,000ft within a radius of up to 30km. Among these objects are fighters, helicopters, UAVs, transport aircraft, and others.
The RPS-42 is a member of RADA's Multi-Mission Hemispheric Radar (MHR) family, enabling advanced protection solutions.
Key characteristics of the MHR technology:
- Pulse Doppler, Software-Defined Radars
- AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) Antenna
- Solid State, Digital, no moving part
- Extremely High Elevation Coverage
- Compact and Mobile, for Tactical Applications
- High Reliability
- Superior Performance-to-Price Ratio
Hemisphere coverage can be achieved by the simultaneous operation of four identical and interchangeable radars, each covering 90° in Azimuth and 80° in Elevation.
The RPS-42 exceptional programmability provides a wide range of capabilities:
- Real-time control of scanning modes
- "Spotlight" examination of specific tracks while scanning is continued
- Operator-control or remote-control of radar operation modes
- Management of hundreds of simultaneous tracks
The RPS-42 Radar System can be integrated with any C4I system and other radars/sensors using its standard Ethernet interfaces, and can operate stand-alone or as part of a large-scale surveillance system. It can be mobile or positioned at stationary sites.